Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Missing Ko Chang

I am really going to miss Ko Chang. Staying at Oasis Guest House has been perfect--clean, comfortable bungalows with the best semi-outdoor shower I've ever experienced. The shower was to die for. One of those giant shower heads that releases a massive amount of water, a waterfall shower head, I think is what they're called at home. There's nothing like a quick, refreshingly cool shower in the tropical heat, made just that much better by the stunning views of the jungles, alive with monkeys and birds. I wish my camera was working so that I could take a picture.

The owners of the guest house, a German man and his very pregnant Thai wife were hospitable beyond their duty, and the food they served never disappointed. I hardly ever ate at other restaurnats on the island because their food was so good, and very reasonably priced.

Lounging was what I did most during the past few days. In a hammock, on the beach, floating in the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand. Arriving in Bangkok tomorrow will be a shock to my system. Noise, people, cars. I'm not looking forward to it. I am so going to miss Ko Chang and the sanctuary of Oasis. And where did the days go?!? When I got here, I thought a week on this island was going to drag on, that I would get bored. Never, not once was I bored here.

1 comment:

nanny said...

The hammock photo is priceless. How fun to get "real" Thai food from an authentic Thai person. So excited for you and sorry that you have to leave that serene place.

;-)