Monday, February 11, 2008

Good Morning Ko Chang

I feel much more relxed and at ease today. I finished reading The Mermaid Chair yesterday, an ok, nothing special novel, and this morning started The Fourth Hand, by JOhn Irving, which is proving to be a hilarious, well written novel about a journalist who gets his hand chommped off by a circus lion in India. Not only do I get to enjoy this book from the comfort of a hammock, but from here I can watch the boats come in after a night of fishing, bringing in the delicious seafood that I've been enjoying nightly on the beach, red snapper, baracuda, squid..., and become immersed in the playful bantering of the monkeys just to my left. Bounding through the thick jungle, chasing each other, the playful monkeys are undoubtedly unaware of ho wlucky they are to live in such an exotic, endless, treetop island canopy!

No comments: