Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day 6

Day 6--another enjoyable, but exhausting day at Baan Wasunthara. Wilat had Chicka and I tilling away again today, which is ok in the mornings while it is still relatively cool, but after lunch, the task is brutal. Luckily, Wilat had a bunch of errands to do today in town, so we abused our lack of supervision by taking a 2 hour lunch break, and worked really slowly during the peak afternoon hours. I had a much better mental outlook today, due in large part to the surprise phone call I got from Michelle last night. We talked for almost 30 minutes and that contact with home was exactly what I needed. Plus, the day after tomorrow, I'm meeting Rachel Bikoff, a friend and ex-colleague (from California Department of Public Health) in Chiang Mai, which I am really looking forward to. It's like a little piece of home in Thailand! Tomorrow's my last day on the farm, and while I've grown accustomed to the work and appreciate the routine, love having a kitchen to prepare my own dinners, and the general sense of normalcy I've gained here, I'm ready to go. In truth, I think I'm ready to leave Asia. It's been a great 3 months, but I'm ready for something different.

1 comment:

nanny said...

I LOVED talking with you too. I needed to hear your adorable voice and your words of wisdom and caring. You are an amazing person my little Donut. Have fun with your friend.

M