Sunday, February 24, 2008

Breakfast with a Cow

Turns out the 7am bus to Kanha has been cancelled. The next bus doesn't leave for 4 hours, so now I'm sitting at the bus station, trying to ignore the stares, the incesant calls of Hello beautiful!, and the endless stream of beggars asking for a few rupees. I picked up some breakfast from one of the street stalls and sat in the bus station's outdoor waiting hall eating with my fingers from the little newspaper sack, when I felt a presence behind me. A cow, with diarreah looking snot running from its nose. Nedging close trying to get a bite of my breakfast, I try to play it cool, knowing that cows are sacred here, I didn't want to look like I was bothered by the snot-nosed cow. But he just got a little too close, and I definely didn't want any of his brown goop dropping into my breakfast. I casually moved further into the waiting hall and finished my breakfast, of couse, under the constant surveillance of everyone around me.

1 comment:

nanny said...

Creepy with all those eyes on you. I think you should invest in some unattractive fake teeth and when they look at you just smile and drool - they may look the other way then - hey I can send you some with the nets.

OK you win the prize for the craziest things happening to you - a snot nosed cow - come on what could be next. Here is to more adventures - you sure have had me chuckling while reading. ;-D

Love you stay safe.