Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 7

I'm really going to miss all of these home cooked meals and all of the bananas I could ever hope to eat! Last night I made curry for dinner, and all of the ingredients, except for the coconut milk, were harvested by me. It was so cool! After I finished working, I walked around the garden gathering everything I needed to make a Thai curry--chilies, lemongrass, ginger, okra, onion, garlic, and even the rice. And tonight, I got to do the same thing, but this time prepared pad thai. I can't wait to have a garden of my own. I've learned how to make my own yogurt, my own bread, and even how to make shampoo and dish soap! Whhile I doubt I'll remember how to or even care to make my own shampoo in the future, I definetly am looking forward to making a lot more of my own staple foods. It's really easy, so much cheaper, and a whole heck of a lot healthier!

Tomorrow I'm heading into Chiang Mai after breakfast on the farm and have a few things that I absolutely MUST do:
1. Massage, manicure, pedicure, and fascial (Since November I've been promising myself the full treatment once I finished working on the farm, so I can't wait!!)
2. Dentist to get my teeth cleaned (my dental insurance ran out before I had a chance to go to the dentist before I left, so I'm long overdue)
3. Get my iPod fixed (keep your fingers crossed!)
4. Figure out what the heck I'm doing from here--Burma? Sri Lanka? India? So many choices!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... how about... GERMANY!?!?!!

Okay, so it's not really a third world country, but I'm sure we could find some charity work for you to do there. And... after March 5th (or so), I can even offer you a place to crash! :-)

nanny said...

my fingers are crossed for you to get your iPod fixed - good luck. I know your manicure/pedicure will be great.

Love ya M