Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I'm Sick

Well, its finally happened. I'm getting sick. I've been battling a sore throat for a few days, and was hoping that by pumping by body full of mandarin oranges, water, and plenty of sleep I might be able to keep it from developing into something more. But today I feel like I'm walking around in a daze, and all I want to do is sleep. But unfortunately I'm in Guilin waiting for a 5pm train to Kunming. With more than 5 hours to spare, I've wandered around the city looking for a place away from all of the people out taking advantage of the New Years Day sales. I found a park to sit in for an hour or so, but the overly sweet shrill of music coming from the children's amusement park nearby didn't do much for my yearning to find a warm, dark place to hole up in. Luckily I spoted a youth hostel across the street from the train station and have taken solace here. The comfy couches, the fire, the low drone of Fleetwood Mac, and the warm drinks were exactly what I needed. I can't wait to sleep on the train. There's nothing I want more right now than to be laying down, dreaming of the comforts of home.

5 comments:

nanny said...

Glad you had a warm bed and fire. I know you will get well quickly but I am sorry you are sick. Please take care and drink a lot of warm tea. Looking forward to continued updates.

Love you M

Jen said...

Feel better my love!

Beatriz said...

Get well soon Dona! Don't worry, cold and flu season here has been downright BRUTAL! Get lots of chicken soup :-) Miss you. Be safe. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Jigme said...

Get Well Soon -- Happy New Year...

PS: hope the troubles in Kenya -- die down before you get there :D ... we should now play the game -- where in the world is Dona going to next..

Anonymous said...

Wish I could send you some of this wonderful woodstove heat.

'They" say colds don't come from cold.
I say warm is better,
especially long wave infrared.

With love and best wishes for a speedy recovery, from your happy loving summerhome.

Oh, and watch the news or travel advisories. Funny stuff and gunplay goin' on.