Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 3 on the Farm

I just worked one of the hardest days of my life, and for the most part, I enjoyed it! Using just a hoe, I tilled through a patch of hard clay, getting it ready for a new planted box. My arms ache, my hands are covered in blisters, and my legs are about as sore as they were after the half-marathon, but I feel like I actually accomplished something. The hard work feels great after spending two weeks in Laos moving about as much as a sloth while indulging in far too many beers, sticky rice, and ice cream. That's not to say however that I'm not going to be ready to leave in 4 days--I'm totally pooped!

The most terribly horrible thing happened today, my iPod broke! That little thing goes everywhere with me, makes long bus rides enjoyable, lulls me to sleep when the frogs and crickets are overpoweringly loud, and I discovered today, makes working on the farm fun. Listening to my half-marathon training play list made 2-hours of swinging a hoe over my head, ripping through brick-like clay absolutely fly by. I really hope I can find a repair place in Bangkok, otherwise I may have to consider buying a new one. I simply cannot travel without it!

1 comment:

nanny said...

Those ipods have to be cheaper over there - aren't they made there?? There has to an iPod flea market or something. Take your mom up on her idea - Happy Birthday to you - and get one NOW!! You have to have the music.

Buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuy