Monday, January 28, 2008

Goodbye Laos!

The ride back from Vang Vieng to Vientiane was so much fun. Confident in my ne found control of the bike, I let loose a bit and cruised along at a pace that was exhilarating...I couldn't wipe the smile off my face or keep from laughing out loud! Jen had a minor stumble, but was back up on her feet in no time, with only a few minor bumps and scrapes as proof of her fall. We got back to Vientiane in under 4 hours, half the time it took us to get there and enjoyed our last night together over a ceremonial Beer Lao and spring rolls on the Mekong. Today I'm heading down to Thailand where I'll start work at Baan Wasunthara Organic Farm in a few days. Jen and Sam are headed south too, making their way to Cambodia via central and southern Laos. I absolutely fell in love with Laos and am really sad to say goodbye. Two weeks was not enough time. But, there are many many countries still left on my checklist, so I have to keep moving. See you in Thailand.

1 comment:

nanny said...

There is always a sense of loss when you leave a place that has touched you so. But who knows - Laos can see you again. You have some things to show your kids.