Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rushing to Wait

And here we are again, in the same predicament we seem to find ourselves in just about everyday--rushing to wait. I woke up this morning to the shrill horns of buses and to music blasting from huge speakers just outside my hotel window. Good Morning Africa! But that's what you get for choosing a guest house just next to the bus stand. Aside from thumping music, I also had a strong feeling that we should get on the bus today for Kable, 8 hours south of here, rather than hanging around Fort Portal for an extra day. Leisurely I got dressed, washed, and packed up my things, as Kate lay in bed cursing the unwelcomed wake up call. I walked out to the buses waiting outside to inquire about a possible departure to Kable. "We're leaving momentarily, get on the bus, quick!" With Kate still back in the room I ran to hurry her along, grab my things, and hopefully find breakfast sometime before the impending departure. Kate was ready within minutes, and luckily the bus hadn't left. We grabbed breakfast from the hotel lobby and ran to the bus. Phew!, we made it. An hour later, we're still sitting on the bus waiting to leave. At least I was able to snag fried eggs and bread from the hotel!

No comments: