Monday, May 26, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye was impossibly difficult. During the past 48 hours, Vibhu's voice his embrace, or just an innocent glance would set my chin quivering, my eyes filling with tears. The inevitable was approaching far too quickly, every hour passing faster than the last, each meal a nostalgic reminder of the many happy weeks together. I know now that I was brought to India to meet Vibhu, to learn from him and enjoy time with him, but most of all I was brought to India to fall in love with him. His love form me is pure, genuine, and undiluted, but I wasn't able to fully return his love. I have a journey to finish and until I do that, I cannot love him the way he deserves. So I leave for Kenya with a heavy heart that deeply loves a wonderful man in India, and a heart that longs for selfish adventure and personal growth. Time will help to untangle m confusion and ease the pain of leaving behind someone who loves me more purely that I have even been loved before. So now I sit here, in my surprisingly spacious seat on a Kenyan Airways flight, my eyes heavy, red, and puffy from a day of tears and desperate for sleep, taking off into the night sky to the great continent of Africa, more unsure than ever about my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're going through that. When I called you that morning, I thought to myself that you sounded really sad. But you're right- you just need time to finish your journey. And who knows? Maybe you and V will be together again soon.

Love you!