Friday, May 16, 2008

Back in Mumabi

I love being back in Mumbai and getting to just laze around the house all day--wake up late, breakfast, shower, read, internet cafe, cook lunch, nap, read , afternoon chai, shower, cook dinner, meet up with friends in town, sleep--REPEAT! It's the perfect way to spend a week. Rest, relaxation, good food, and great company.

Vibhu brought me so much food back from Germnay, I'm in food heaven! Fresh European bread, loaded with nuts, seeds, and oats, 2 jars of peanut butter, homemade blueberry jam, chocolates, Haribo candies, and some of the best granola I've ever had. It makes me miss home just that much more!

Ok, so I know you guys are dying to know what is going on between Vibhu and me, and I haven't been very good about offering up many details. But what I can tell you is that, yes I do love him. But I am confused about his role in my life. I can't honestly say that I have confidence that we are meant to be together. I have an overwhelming feeling that something life defining will happen for me in Africa. This trip has always been about making it to Africa to do something, be it work, explore, or to learn something more about myself. Whatever it may be, Africa is the pinnacle of this year long journey for me, and until I go there I know that I cannot make any big life decisions. Vibhu has opened my heart to love again. My heart that had been shattered by love almost a year ago, has now come full circle in the healing process. Everyday my life is filled with more happiness, joy, and love, and I have Vibhu to thank for loving me the way every person deserves to be loved and for helping me to finally understanding the importance of never settling for second best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dona,
So very happy you are relaxing and recharging. Hmmmm, Vibhu most certainly has fulfilled a great role in your life already...chipping away at the protective wall one puts around the heart after it has been broken. Africa obviously is calling you, and you have so much to give. I know you will miss Vibhu like crazy, trust in the Divine for what the future holds with him. Enjoy the NOW, soak it all up!
Love and hugs,
T-elf

Jen said...

Good to have a new post! I tried calling today about 39503985 times and got a busy signal. I'll keep trying my love. Miss you

nanny said...

Dona,
You SOOOOOOOOOO deserve to know the love that you are worthy of. I am so glad for you that Vibhu was there to show you. The events of the last year are molding an even more amazing person who has SOOO much to offer our world and herself. Our journey's sure do take us and many directions both physically and emotionally. You now know that pure love is there for you.
I love you so much. M