Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ayudveric Medicine

The other day I had a consultation with an Ayudveric doctor, who just by feeling my pulse was able to tell a lot about me. To start, according to this science, we are all born with a predetermined tri-dosha, made up of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Each of us have a combination of these three elements with a predominant tendency towards one. My dominant element is Pitta, or the fire element. The doctor told me that while my Pitta and Kapha are strong, my Vata is really weak (I'm still not entirely clear what this means or how to fix it). After just a light touch to my wrist, the doctor questioned my liver health, suspected problems with my menstral cycle, and was convinced I struggled with lower back, knee, and chronic stomach pains, as well as a general lack of energy. He couldn't have read me any better than that. He recommended a few tablets which would help to clear all of these issues up, and curious of their effectiveness, I decided to give it a shot. Now I don't want to jump to any conclusions so quickly, or be that person who blindly believes everything I'm told, but this morning I woke up at 4:45am with an amazing amount of energy and haven't felt a single pange of discomfort in my stomach for a few days. It could be all of the meditation and yoga too, or most likely a combination of all three, but either way, physically I am feeling great! This stuff is pretty awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Acupuncture philosophy also relies on a triple pulse on each radial artery.

'They' say it takes years to learn the subtle nuances but can diagnose all kinds of internal balances, or lack thereof.

I mean, who really cares if it's hocuspocus?

Thousands of years of anything will undoubtedly weed out the riffraff right?

Belief system necessary for it to work?

Probably not, or more likely, a dead set, or dead mind set that it or NO thing will work might overpower the positive.

Glad you found 'it'.

I DO enjoy the philosophy that, say, body type or whatever predispositions have become more scientifically related to genetics and dna, have been understood even beFORE the advent of the microscope.

wow

yay for you.

After school, I read as much about 'folk medicine as I could get my hands on.

..just tired of teh self righteousness of the science that's been around for a mere 100 years and the godblessed freakin' arrogance that finally figured out in the 1930's that washing hands between the autopsy room and the birthing centers would cut down on infant mortality.

jeeeeze! racoons know better than that and they're related to rodents fer godssake.

Lots of corn and blue/purple and gold potatos in the ground.

One more root canal and it's SUMMertime.

yay

love youseeyou

Jen said...

Can you bring me some of those pills?! Glad you are starting to feel better. I just got your email and I'm pretty excited. Let's talk soon PLEASE! lOVE YOU!

nanny said...

Hey pack that guy in your purse and bring him here. Oh and bring me some of those wonder pills. We have a lot to learn from eastern medicine!!!

Glad you are feeling more yourself - your better self.

M and M and Baby