Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Traveling Alone

One of the hardest parts of traveling on my own has been not having anyone to shre all of these remarkable experiences with. The blog has been great, as it has allowed me to share stories and pictures on a regular basis, but of course, its not the same. I've realized fo the first time what it truely means and feels liketo be alone. Having been with and lived with Isom nearly my entire adult life, I always had someone to talk to, a shoulder to lean on, a person to just be with. I've never just been on my own and its a hard transition. Isom was the center of my life and now I am making me the center, its a scarier and sometimes lonelier place than I had imagined. But I think its all part of the growth process, and in the end, I will be more whole and complete a person because of it.

2 comments:

nanny said...

sometimes being truly alone is so powerful. Knowing that you can do it yourself is a total victory. It is time for "dona time" enjoy. I love you. Be safe and take care of you.

Michelle

Beatriz said...

I know I know I know!
It is time for you to be alone. Don't let the lonely days scare you, they only make you stronger. You're doing great out there.
I had my job interview today, I find out tomorrow if I am going to keep travelling or am gonna turn into a regular 9-5er!
Miss you! Love you.