Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Great Day!

Today was a great, great day. I spent the day on Halong Bay--kayaking, swimming, and enjoying the scenery. There were 4 other people booked on the tour, Laura and her mother, Margo, and Laure and Matthew, a young French couple. It's amazing how much Laura and I had in comon. We both lived in Ghana durinmg the same time and only a few miles from each other, recently broke up with Kenyan boyfriends, want to do international health work in Africa, and we are both on our way to Kenya! Amazing. Laura and her mom were fascinating people who I learned so much from and am so fortunate to have spent the day wih them. Laure and MAtthew just finished spending time in China, and were so eager to share thier stories with me and give me travel tips. I can't tell you how excited I am now about China! They couldn't say enough good things about Yunnam and claim its the most emorable place either of them have ever been. So, tomorrow I head to Hanoi to apply for my CHinese visa, check out Old Hanoi, an then make my way up to Sapa! Ask and you shall recieve, I feel so much better today! :)

4 comments:

nanny said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Too fun to meet someone with the same dreams. I hope you meet up with her again in Kenya that would be so cool.

M and M

Jen said...

Love you! So glad you made a good friend :)

Anonymous said...

dona-I have a friend who lives in Western china, if you decide to go there. She'll be happy to host you, she has a two bedroom. -Emily

Beatriz said...

i didnt get that job... you know what that means... i guess i'll be meeting you at some random part of the world again!