Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Today is my last day in Vietnam, I catch the bus at 9am tomorrow morning for Nanning, China! I never did make it to Sapa, after many confusing, pointless conversations with locals in Son La, I found my way back to the bus station, where I was told the next bus to Sapa was on December 26. And being that my visa expires on the 28, I simply didn't have enough time to make it up there. So, I backtracked all the way back to Hanoi yesterday. I'm bummed that I'm not getting the opportunity to see Sapa, but that just leaves me an excuse to come back at some point!

I spent today getting ready for tomorrow--buying a Lonely Planet guide for China, changing money to US dollars, and searching high and low for the cheapest bus ticket. I talked to Jen, Irene, and my family this morning which was awesome! I miss them so much. This afternoon was primarily occupied by getting totally lost in the whindy, confusing streets of Hanoi. After 3 hours of aimless wandering, I stumbled upon a great pita stand and enjoy my Christmas dinner! I eventually found my way back home and am now enjoying what I promised myself I would treat myself to for Christmas, red wine and chocolate! And to make it that much better, Harry Potter is on HBO! Well, this will be my last post from Vietnam, see you guys in China!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hope you made it to China safely! Thanks again for calling, it made my day! See you soon :)