Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Becoming Me Again

We were growing apart, I could feel it and see it, but I wanted nothing to do wiht it. I love him more than I loved myself and in my desperate attempts to keep us together, I lost little pieces of me. Pieces of my personality that made me, me-- hoping that by being the person I thought was best for us, would actually be best for us. I lost my quirkiness, that goofy side of me that I cherished as a child. I conformed to be the perfect partner, making his life so easy that he couldn't live without me. But in the end, what he really wanted wasto do things for himself, to live life for himself, to prove to himself that he could be self-sufficient, independent. I've learned a valuable lesson--never lose yourself, always stay true to yourself as that's the one thing in life that you are guaranteed to succeed at. It's time to be the best Dona that I can be, as I am the only person capable of perfecting that role. I'm determined to bring back that quirky, goofy kid that I used to be, the Dona that I loved and the me that really is me.

2 comments:

nanny said...

YaHoo!!! I can not wait to have the "real" Dona emerge again - although the Dona who left on the 11th of Nov. was quite special. I love you girlie. Keep living the life. M

Beatriz said...

that gave me goosebumps. i know so many people who can relate to this, myself included. you're awesome.