Wednesday, December 5, 2007

On a Whim...

After spending 4 days in Dalat, I have found myself getting restless. Having heard that there was a company who orgainzes biking tours from Dalat to Nha Trang (the next big tourist stop), I thought I'd investigate. Walking through the backpacker part of town, I was shocked to see how many tour companies there were offering activities ranging from half day hikes to 8 day biking, rafting, and rockclimbing tours. Unsure where to really start, I walked into the store front of a company that had nice, new bikes sitting out front. With such nice bikes they had to be decent, right? I asked the guy at the desk about cycling trips from Dalat to Nha Trang, and he opened his catalog of offerings. A German couple was sitting next to me scoping out the options. They had their sights set on a 3 day tour of the Central Highlands and asked me if I was interested. I had only planned on doing a one-day trip due to the relatively high cost, but seeing that this is my year to live selfishly, I thought Why not? An early Christmas present to myself. So tomorrow morning I leave at 8am for 3 days and 290km of mountain biking!

4 comments:

Beatriz said...

whoa! 290 km!!! you go girl... post some pics soon!

Beatriz said...

hey you know... i don't think i like having my legs threaded after all. it's growing back now, and it hurts! are you experiencing this at all? ;-p

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dona! You've already proven you can do long hard bike rides. The scenery and culture will make this one very special. Hope you get on well with the couple and Enjoy!! Consider it a Christmas present, so let us know how much to deposit.
Love you,
mom

Lara said...

wow. absolutely amazing.