Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lake Malawi

I am ready to pack up my life and stay here. Ok, well I guess my life is pretty much packed up, confined to a tiny red backpack and as of late, a papyrus basket from the DRC. But, I honestly think I've found a place where I could be happy, content, and utterly at peace forever. I thought I was almost ready to come home, but now, I'm not sure. I've seen a lot of tropical paradises in the last few months, and none can come close to this. The waters of Lake Malawi are the clearest I've ever seen. Warm, fresh water, and loads of tropical fish darting through the turquoise backdrop, lightening bolts of bright blues, pinks and yellows. Diving down beneath the surface finds a vast world of rocks, caverns, and plant life. The lake's fresh water keeps the fish small, but plentiful and diving down to explore the network of caves is an exhilarating test of one's bravery.

No comments: