Thursday, August 28, 2008

In a Funk

I am in such a funk! Exhaustion and being ready to go home have combined to put me in a depressed, slightly overwhelmed mood. The feelings come and go, but for about the last week, I've just felt down. I find myself counting the days until I leave and am not realy all that excited about the things I have planned between now and then--shopping in Dar Es Salaam, Zanzibar, a safari in Tarangire National Park, visiting Zach and the girls, and finally, Mt. Kilimanjaro. All phenomenal things in their own right, but I've very much unenthusiastic about it all. I feel frumpy and out of shape, I'm sick of being dirty and grungy, my hands and feet are in a state of absolute disgust, and my clothes are hanging on their final thread. I am ready to be done being a backpacker, to be clean and to wear normal clothes, to go to the grocery store and to go running, to watch movies and laugh with my friends, to have a routine and my own space. I am sick of wearing a bandana on my head everyday, of having orange finger nails from henna that is long past its prime. 20 days and counting.

2 comments:

nanny said...

I have tried to call you so many times and have not gotten through. I am thinking of you and can not wait to see your sweet face. The wine, bed and coffee awaits you.

Hugs Michelle

Anonymous said...

There's no place like home, there's no place like home.....what a wonderful experience that will be for you. You have so many people just waiting to hug you and welcome you home. Hang on!

Hugs, T-elf