Friday, April 25, 2008

Pictures of Jaipur and Pushkar

So I arrived this morning and after a good scrubbing in the shower, Vibhu fixed me my all-time favorite breakfast--egg-in-a-hole-in-a-toast--a treat perfected by my papa and one that I've shared with my friends here in Mumbai. Vibhu has mastered the art of this egg and toast breakfast, despite the lack of lemon pepper available in India, the secret ingredient that makes it absolutely irresistible! Sliced mango and a hot cup of sweet, milky chai rounded out the breakfast and soon enough I felt my eyes getting heavy with the sleepless night afforded to me by the train, and I slept. A satisfyingly heavy, dreamless sleep. It's so good to be home!

Oh and here are my pictures from Pushkar and Jaipur!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE most heartwarming breakfast story I've ever heard.

ThanksLove

want me to send you some lemon pepper?

Deargod we miss you so much.

Thanks again
Perfect mornng to you too.

Anonymous said...

ps -
come to think of it...
I DO believe that egg-in-a-hole-in-the-toast was one of the very first things you ever cooked when you were just little.

WoW

Thanks (again) for the flashLove

nanny said...

WOW again. The scenery is beautiful but nothing makes the experience more real than kids and people pictures. I love the kids. It always show REAL culture. Hey, is there and address where I could send some big fun sunglasses and lemon pepper?? I would love to send a little care package if it is possible. M