Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back in Mumbai

I am so happy to be back in Mumbai! I realized during my stint up north that while I wanted to travel and be out on my own again, I wasn't completely honest with my reasons. I did crave the excitement and adventure, but once I left, I was quickly reminded of the lineliness of solo traveling. Also I feel compelled, obligated to do and see as much as possible while I am here. Not for myself, but for the people following my blog--for my family and friends who are living vicariously through me. I feel like I've been a let down during my weeks in Mumbai--no daily entries, no exciting stories, and no new adventures. I've been utterly self indulgent, sleeping late and lazing around the house, watching movies and hanging out with friends--but what about the people at home? I feel like I need to give them something to hang on to. And so for a variety of reasons, I headed north, only to wind up missing my life in Mumbai and weighted down by impending sickness. I'm glad I went up to Rajasthan, and have absolutely no regrets for going, or for coming back. Leaving felt right at the time, despite how hard it was, but coming back was the best decision I've made in a while.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course everyone loves reading about your adventures, but it's YOUR adventure... not ours. You should listen to your heart and go where it takes you.

I know that I, for one, am just really honored that in the midst of all you're experiencing, you take the time now and then to allow me to "virtually" join you!

Glad you're feeling better... and enjoy!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear, this time in your life is about YOU, rarely in life are we blessed with such a gift to completely and utterly listen to our inner voice and follow it....so, do just that. I enjoy following your travels, and miss you when you are "gone" from the blog, but never would want you to feel an obligation to post. SO, listen to your heart, leave the shoulds behind and ENJOY! So happy to know you are better.

Love and oh so big hugs,
T-elf

nanny said...

Chicka it is all about YOU now. Don't worry about us here at home. I feel your comfort in the friends you've made and feel that you need to nurture yourself with those people. Enjoy!! Enjoy!! We all can wait for the updates. You have been sooooo good at writing your blog - I've needed this time to get caught up anyways. SOOOOO think of YOU and only YOU! We get you when you get home here. Love you and keep enjoying your peeps.

Love Michelle

Beatriz said...

girlfriend, your friends are right! this is all about dona. even if in your blog you write "stop telling me to write more stuff!" i would still keep checking it every day! haha. i am so glad you are so happy in mumbai, it sounds amazing.

Anonymous said...

Dude- your friends are right. If you only have so much time in Mumbai and you are happy there, live it up! Do what you want, it'll be worth it! Of course we enjoy reading your blogs and seeing your pictures, and we can't wait for more! But honestly, its good that you are being a "homebody" for now. After so many months of travelling, finding a place to call home probably couldn't have come at a better time!

PS Even if you are just in Mumbai, you can still post blogs and pictures- seriously, even if they're just "myspace angle" pictures of you sitting on the couch or in front of the bathroom mirror :) We'd still enjoy them!

Love Paula