Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm Going to Delhi

I have turned into an incredibly indecisive person and its not a quality that I'd ever wish upon anyone. After having decided to hang around Mumbai and enroll in an intense 10-day meditation course, I did a little grocery shopping, and walked home. As I thought more about staying in Mumbai and participating in the meditation course, the less thrilled I became. The meditation course seemed far too intense for me--10 days of up at 4am, meditation 6 times a day, only 2 meals, and the real clincher was the maintenance of absolute silence. No music, no talking, and no writing (this is considered a distraction from the external environment!). It would be just me and myself, alone, silent, for 10 longs days. While I want to explore meditation, I don't think I'm quite ready to jump into something that intense. And so, while stuffing myself with peanut butter and honey sandwiches, fresh mangoes, and chai, I made the decision to just go. And so, a few hours later I was down at the Churchgate Station Tourist Reservation Counter, and the incredibly sweet, accommodating, and reassuring woman behind the counter pulled a few strings and somehow got me a ticket on the Rajdhani Express, India's nicest and fastest train. With only 2 hours before departure time, I sprinted to catch the next train back to the suburbs, packed my bag, took a quick shower, and made it to Borivali Station with 20 minutes to spare! So tonight, I'll ride in luxury up to Delhi and arrive by 11am. I love how things are starting to play out!

1 comment:

nanny said...

I don't think I could do the 10 days either - toooo much alone time ;-)