Friday, March 28, 2008

Fun Times in Mumbai

Yesterday we hosted a party for the couchsurfing gang--I made American party food; chips and salsa, a veggie platter, bread and cheese, etc., and Manu prepared a great Indian feast of palao (similar to rice pilaf) and choley (spicy chickpeas in a thick sauce), which unfortunately we were all too full to ever eat! But, it made the perfect lunch the next day. We danced to Hindi pop music, drank wine, and luaghed harder than I have in a long time. I feel like I've known these guys for years-- Manu, Rahul, Vaibu, Prem, Kislay--it's like they've been my best friends forever. I am so happy here. I find myself smiling all the time and for no reason other than absolute contentment, pleasure, and love of my life. I am happy from deep down inside my soul and its a feeling I hope that everyone can experience at some point in their lifetime. Its a feeling everyone deserves.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so great to "hear" the happiness in your voice! :-)

Viel Spaß!

Anonymous said...

Well hurry up and post some photos already! I'm glad to hear how happy you are there!

Beatriz said...

that is the greatest thing i think i have ever read on your blog.

Wendy said...

I'm so enjoying reading your journal and seeing the photos. Your insight is welcome and enlightening. We miss you in Davis!

nanny said...

I got the chills reading these last 2 blogs - I can really feel your happiness and contentment - way to go!! It is AWESOME to hear. You deserve only the best - you are an amazing person. I love you and miss you lots. Can not wait to see some more photos - if you can focus with the wine and all hehehehehehehe ;-D

M and M and Baby (still!!)

Jen said...

PICTURES!!!