Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Future of Team 100 and Me

I feel like things are really starting to fall into place. Zach and I have created a plan for me, for him, and for the girls that we will all benefit from in the coming years. I have an opportunity to become a manager for these girls. As manager my role would basically be representing them at the international level, securing participation in races, and finding corporte sponsorship. It's a big job and one that will take a few years to fully develop, as many of the girls still have a good two years before they will be ready for international races. I have a lot to learn not only about the world of professional running, but also about business if this is going to be successful. But it's exciting and something that I am passionate about.

But first, I am working to establish the Team 100 Athletic Scholarship Program. Two girls each year, starting in January 209, will be selected by Zach on the basis of athletic and academic potential in their final year of primary school. The girls will live and train at the Team 100 training camp while simulateneously attending secondary school. The girls will be expected to maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average during their secondary education and Zach will work with them to ensure that they meet NCAA Division I standards. As director of the program, I will develop relationships with coaches and athletic directors at top US universities to facilitate the offering of a full-athletic scholarship. Each of the girls training under Zach today, had they had the opportunity to attend secondary school, could attend any top NCAA Division I school of their choice. At just 16 and 17 years old, many have already broke college-level records. It's exciting to be at the forefront of an opportunity that has the potential to bring many great rewards to Tanzania.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this posting?!!?

If there is anything I can do to help you out, let me know. After all, Germany *is* the home of both Adidas and Puma... :-)

Send me an email and let's figure out a way to talk. What a great opportunity for you!