Monday, November 26, 2007

Terrified

Last night may have very well been the scariest night of my life. Bea and I crawled into our sheisty little bed and tucked ourselves in (aka got inside our sleep sheets and covered ourselves with the hole-filled mosquito net. Moments later, we hear what sounds like rifle shots in the distance. Then, a creature scurries along the wall by our heads. Scared, Bea shines her headlamp along the wall, to find a huge spider. More rifle shots and more scurrying creatures. We both lay there, terrified of our surroundings. Finally drifting off to sleep sometime near dawn, the roosters began to sound their morning alarm and at that point, sleep was a lost dream.

5 comments:

nanny said...

YIKES!!!! a giant spider that you could hear - I would have had to wash my silk sheet ;-)

The pics are awesome
luv ya M and M

Jigme said...

hey take care of yourself -- awesome pics :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...be careful. I think the spiders scare me more than the gun shots but both would freak me out. I'm enjoying all the photos and stories. Be careful Dona!

Beatriz said...

yea... that night kinda sucked.

Lara said...

Reminds me of the cockroaches at the stilt village. I am so envious of your adventerous life (minus the creepy crawlers)