Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ko Samui



Just finished spending 4 wonderful days on the island of Ko Samui. The island is located in the gulf of Thailand about 500km south of Bangkok. I stayed in a beautiful house with 8 other girls which was a total blast. I spent the majority of my time in or near the water, usually with food and drink in hand! The food here has been spectacular and my favorite dish so far is Papaya salad. Ko Samui was very touristy and while it was fun, I was ready to leave.

Last night, Beatriz and I took an overnight train from Surat Thani in southern Thailand to Bangkok, and just arrived about an hour ago. After arriving at the train station, we jumped on a tuk tuk and headed for Ko San Road. Ko San Road is backpacker central and its reasonable to say that everyone who visits Thailand passes through Ko San Road at one time or another. We're staying at the Green House Hostel which has nice, basic accomodations and is close to everything. Today, Beatriz and I plan on exploring the city and visiting the Grand Palace and the huge open markets in central Bangkok. Tomorrow, we will be heading 3 hours north to spend the day at Tiger Temple (www.tigertemplethailand.com). I'll share some more pictures soon. Hugs to all!

7 comments:

Jigme said...

so no internet cafe's at the watering holes..... thanks for the post ... makes life at work go by easier ... have fun... going to try and be the first one to post a comment :D

jen said...

MISS YOU!!! :)

nanny said...

Oh Dona thanx for the photos - it is so beautiful. We think of you lots and know that you are having the time of your life. We Love You M and M

Anonymous said...

Hi Dona...

I visit your blog frequently and I can tell that you're having a lot of fun in Thailand... you go girl! Also, please check your gmail as I emailed you Grace's contact info for your next trip to Jkt. Take care! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Dona!! Wow, looks like you are having a blast. Glad to read that you are safe in Thailand and enjoying yourself. The pictures looks gorgeous. YUM papaya salad... my mom makes it almost everyday for my sis and I. =) Ok, you take care and keep blogging w/ pictures. =)

Anonymous said...

We are so missing you, but enjoying your news and photos. My memories of Thailand always begin with the food and I so appreciate seeing photos of the market, you chowing down and the scenic sights. I half expected to see you and Beatriz on an elephant. Stay clear of the tigers and take care. love you lots.
mom

Anonymous said...

Hello. Excuse me just a question. I heard talking about Thailand here. I'm about going on holiday to Asia. I would like some info on Pattaya in Thailand. I would know if It's a good place to go with family or should I choose another place? Thank You so much.