Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm Here!

I've made it to Thailand! No bumps, no bruises, just easy sailin' the entire way....yes, all 24 hours of it! The Bangkok airport is impressive, although I can't say the same for the scenery I witnessed during our final descent. The air was smoggy, the roads congested, and the ocean was brown! But I guess you can't expect too much from an overdeveloped city in an underdeveloped country. My flight to Ko Samui leaves in an hour and I'm sure the views from the plane (yes, its a 15 seater!) will be stunning and more than make up for what I've seen thus far. Well, there's free food waiting here for me in the Bangkok Airline lounge and what budget traveler could possibly turn down an opportunity to gorge on free Thai food?!?

8 comments:

Jigme said...

Wooohooo

nanny said...

yahoo!!!

way to go. Love ya M and M

Dona said...

Way to go Dona! Still can't believe you are gone. We miss you so much already and would far prefer to be lounging on the beach with you right now, planning your next big adventure than cleaning house. Disappointed to hear of the smog-i remember clean air, green ocean and lots of rice paddies and traffic 32 years ago! Be well, keep your eyes open, don't be too trustworthy or gullible and don't do anything I would have done! LOL love you lots and sending prayers and best wishes,
love,
mom

berta said...

What an adventure. You are so lucky to be able to just get up and follow your dream. What you dream is another story!!! Must be a Francis trait to dream big and just a little crazy! But that's why we love you. Looking forward to the rest of the story as it unfolds.Love~Roberta

Notorious MLE said...

Rock on Dona! Make sure you don't end up in a Thai prison singing "Like a Virgin" like Bridget Jones. :)

Jen said...

Can't wait to see some pictures!!! I'm so glad you made it safely there! I miss you a lot already :(. Be safe and have fun :).

love you-Jen

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dona! What an adventure and memories made to last a lifetime.

Linda said...

Way to go Dona. Your making memories to last a lifetime and having a great adventure. Have a wonderful trip, and stay safe. We look forward to reading about each leg of your trip.