Friday, September 19, 2008

Insomnia in D.C.

Well, it’s 3am and I’ve been awake for 2 hours now. Watching the news, Oprah, and now some stupid movie, but my mind is restless and unable to sleep. I have to leave for the airport in 3 hours and am hoping that yesterday’s lack of sleep will catch up to me so that I’m not a complete zombie when Irene picks me up this afternoon. It doesn’t help either that my stomach is aching in hunger despite the 2 bean burritos, cinnamon twists, and diet Coke that I devoured last night at a grungy Taco Bell. That meal though was perfect…it tasted just as good as I had dreamed it would be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be in California TOMORROW!!!! Don't worry, I think you will be OK coming home. It's not as if you've never been here! You may feel weird, but you can't get out of coming to see me for a couple ginger martinis. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you got my email directly to you.
Welcome home.




Pls feel free to live here for free and/or
teach at U of O
tracktown USA

have vehicles you can use or bus is 75 cents to downtown.U of O

or
emlira high school at the first stop sign east of here.

or

mud hut
/
treehouse.

Jolei family farm is
after all

the reson we are having this dialogue.


Welcome home.

Take another year for the culture shock to sink in.

NO big deal on important decisions.

Take it ez.

NORmal folks need a vacation after
their travels.


Upstairs studio over the barn has new new new
bathroom,

2nd story south exposure

cable,
wi fi

DSL

hot
AND cold running water with flush toilet.

tub, shower

view

let's see..

what else.

you
love
4206

No pressure,

just a reeeeeally nice option.